Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: R13 don't watch this

  1. #11
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R13 don't watch this

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The war is [censored] pointless. </div></div>

    Not sure I agree. If there is a true republic developed in Irag, and those Muslims truly taste freedom, those women throw off their coverings, they (the entire populace) learn to value the absolute preciousness of being able to vote for their leaders, they realize that democracy works, etc. What a weapon to be used! The other Muslim countries look into Iraq, see their freedom, their equality, their ability to better themselves (which I'm convinced will come if/when a republic is established)... then maybe they'll revolt, generate internal change, take it upon themselves to create a better future for their kids,etc. On a side note, I also think that there is coming a great war in that region, and having an ally in Iraq will be crucial. That's my 2 cents worth, and 2 cents is all it's worth.</div></div>



    I respect your opinion.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R13 don't watch this

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The war is [censored] pointless. </div></div>

    Not sure I agree. If there is a true republic developed in Irag, and those Muslims truly taste freedom, those women throw off their coverings, they (the entire populace) learn to value the absolute preciousness of being able to vote for their leaders, they realize that democracy works, etc. What a weapon to be used! The other Muslim countries look into Iraq, see their freedom, their equality, their ability to better themselves (which I'm convinced will come if/when a republic is established)... then maybe they'll revolt, generate internal change, take it upon themselves to create a better future for their kids,etc. On a side note, I also think that there is coming a great war in that region, and having an ally in Iraq will be crucial. That's my 2 cents worth, and 2 cents is all it's worth.</div></div>

    I respect your opinion. </div></div>

    As I do yours. And it is my opinion, just my thoughts. Nothing I say is concrete nor beyond reproof - my wife makes sure of that!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R13 don't watch this

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The war is [censored] pointless. </div></div>

    Not sure I agree. If there is a true republic developed in Irag, and those Muslims truly taste freedom, those women throw off their coverings, they (the entire populace) learn to value the absolute preciousness of being able to vote for their leaders, they realize that democracy works, etc. What a weapon to be used! The other Muslim countries look into Iraq, see their freedom, their equality, their ability to better themselves (which I'm convinced will come if/when a republic is established)... then maybe they'll revolt, generate internal change, take it upon themselves to create a better future for their kids,etc. On a side note, I also think that there is coming a great war in that region, and having an ally in Iraq will be crucial. That's my 2 cents worth, and 2 cents is all it's worth. </div></div>

    That is all fine and I agree with you. But it is the lies that got us into the war is why I dont agree. If Bush would have come out and said what you just said, then MAYBE I might be for it..but he didnt. And yes it would be great to have an ally there, but didnt we thinkg Iraq an ally years ago and look what has happened. Also didnt we see Bin Laden as an ally years ago too, then he attcked us. The constant meddling over in the Middle East hasnt gotten us anywhere but into more confrontations.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R13 don't watch this

    My post was to burton2019, but I will comment. There's never been a war when lies didn't exist, and I don't think one will ever be waged when some lies, some untruths, some unknowns don't exist. That's the nature of war. The Middle East, from eons past, has been a hot bed - the Bible clearly indicates that. And it will continue to be. IMO, we need to evaluate things through the lens of Scripture - maybe then we'll recognize truth...for such a time as this. I don't think we necessarily thought of Iran as an ally, but a means to an end. A democratic republic CAN become a very greedy entity. And, IMO, greed is our primary concern today.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R13 don't watch this

    Some good may come out of the war, but IMO the war isn't and never was justified or worth the cost in both money and lives....move it over to Afghanistan and I think all three things are justified then.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •